Links to sources:
- Disability and Suicide
- People with Disabilities and Suicide Awareness (comments section)
- Enough is enough
- More than 80 suicide cases…
- The Centre for Welfare Reform, research
- Washington Post article
- John Nieuwenburg’s TED Talk on suicide & mental illness
- Mark Henik’s TED Talk on suicide
- Johann Hari’s TED Talk on addiction
- Andrew Solomon’s TED Talk on depression
My (ongoing) Social Security Disability experience:
Yeah… I really get into it. And swear a bit. I’m really angry. About a lot of things I’m going through right now and some I have been going through for years now.
Also I realize not every act of charity necessarily would lead to the situation I describe, but after having been hurt so VERY much by so many people more powerful than me, I can’t take the risk. Especially when it’s a question of my survival.